If the weather allows, take your kids outside and enjoy spring. You’ve been cooped up all winter and the outdoors will do everyone some good. Grab your rainboots and kites because you’re finally leaving the house!
• Fly a kite: Don’t let the wind keep you away. Find a kite or craft one together and let it soar. Your kids will love working with the wind to watch their kites fly high.
• Go for a bike ride: Spring brings new growth, meaning there’s so much to see! Buckle your helmets and hop on your bikes to take a look at what is growing in your neighborhood. Between the flowers and animals that have come out to play, there’s plenty to be seen on this ride.
• Play in the puddles: All the fun, but none of the mess indoors. Put on your rain boots and raincoats to frolic through the puddles after the latest spring shower.
• Volunteer: Springtime brings fresh beginnings and perspective. It presents countless opportunities to show your kids how important it is to give back to the community. From making cards to visiting patients, an afternoon spent volunteering with a local organization can make a real impact on someone’s life.
• Have a picnic: Luckily, you don’t have to go far for this one. Head to your backyard or to your local park and enjoy a nice picnic together. Bring some delicious snacks, fun games to play, and books to read while soaking in the sunshine outside.