AuPairCare is dedicated to connecting people and cultures, and that starts with our staff. From our San Francisco headquarters to local field offices, our success is due to our staff’s passion and motivation. If you are a hard-working individual ready to make difference at a global company, we invite you to learn more about roles within the organization and our current openings.
AuPairCare Matching Experts provide primary support to new and repeat host families engaged in the matching process, as well as guidance and motivation to ensure that our company’s goals for growth are met. Each Matching Expert oversees the matching responsibilities for their individual region, and the high volume of unique families within that area.
Members of the matching team work closely with their region’s Regional Manager and Area Directors, as well as other departments within AuPairCare, in order to secure new families and retain existing ones, achieve matching goals, ensure a consistently high level of customer support and experience, and encourage a productive and successful search experience for our hosts. As one of the main points of contact host families have with AuPairCare, Matching Experts possess a thorough understanding of the au pair program’s regulations and expectations, as well as AuPairCare’s internal procedures and policies. This position is based in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with host families and guide them in their search for the best au pair who meets their needs, via in-bound and outbound sales calls as well as email
- Present au pair candidates to families who qualify for their childcare needs as well as answer any questions that families have about the matching process
- Correspond and speak regularly with field staff and internal management teams to make sure host families’ matching needs are being met
- Use AuPairCare’s customized Salesforce database to track the matching process to assist and finalize sales.
- Track and report matches and conversion rates on a consistent basis
- Comfort and ability to work in San Francisco, CA
- Exceptional listening, oral and written communication skills
- Competitive and motivated by the challenge and reward of hitting goals
- High energy, enthusiasm and motivation
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive compensation and bonus potential.