Introducing Positive Discipline for All Ages!
Recent research tells us that children are hardwired from birth to connect with others, and that children who feel a sense of connection to their community, family, and school are less likely to misbehave. AuPairCare is excited to offer a new online course, Positive Discipline for All Ages, to assist au pairs in creating meaningful connections with host children and managing their behavior in positive ways.
The Positive Discipline for All Ages course is adapted from curriculum developed by childcare professional, Joni Levine (M.A. Ed.) of Child Care Lounge, an accredited online institution for teachers.By the end of this course, your au pair will be able to:
- Understand underlying causes of misbehavior
- Identify specific techniques to use based on age
- Learn positive approaches to manage bickering, tantrums & more
- Identify ways to connect with children of all ages
- Navigate playtime with children/siblings of varying ages
- Learn the importance of self-care as it relates to providing quality childcare
Additionally, your au pair will receive printable worksheets, activities and plans to help establish age-appropriate rules, and links to articles and video for continued learning. Equipped with these positive discipline tools, your au pair will be able to help shape your child's understanding of behavior. The cost of the Positive Discipline for All Ages Advanced Training course is $79 and is available for purchase in your Family Room portal.