Introducing Food & Nutrition for Kids! One of many online training courses created especially for AuPairCare au pairs.
Did you know children may receive half or more of their daily nutritional needs while with their childcare provider? As all parents know, children develop eating habits early on, and healthy eating habits are directly linked with a long-term healthy diet. Childcare providers play a big part in making sure children learn to enjoy nutritionally balanced meals, and we understand how important it is for your au pair to be well-versed in the dos and don'ts of healthy eating. This is why AuPairCare is excited to launch Food & Nutrition for Kids, one of our Advanced Online Training courses.
The Food & Nutrition for Kids course is adapted from curriculum developed by childcare professional, Joni Levine (M.A. Ed.), and covers the spectrum of supporting children to develop and enjoy healthy eating. By the end of the course, your au pair will be able to:
- Understand nutrition guidelines for young children
- Establish eating routines & best practices
- Describe developmental eating milestones Identify how to keep snacks and meal time safe
- Read food labels and understand allergies
- Respond effectively to a picky eater Identify skills children can learn during meal and snack times
- Prepare healthy and appealing snacks
Additionally, your au pair will receive printable worksheets, recipe ideas, and links to articles and videos for continuous learning about healthy eating. Equipped with these nutrition tools, your au pair will be help shape your children's path towards a healthy lifestyle. The cost of the Food & Nutrition for Kids Advanced Training course is $79 and is available for purchase in your Family Room portal.