- what is au pair childcare
- program costs
- why au pair care
- meet our au pairs
- getting started
- current host families
What is an Au Pair?
An au pair is a young adult from another country who lives with your family and provides in-home childcare services. Au pairs work up to 45 hours per week, in exchange for the opportunity to live with an American family. Because au pairs provide live-in childcare, they offer more flexibility and can care for your child at times that accommodate your family's schedule.
All Au Pair Care au pairs:
- Have extensive childcare experience
- Speak conversational English
- Have completed a secondary education
- Are between 18 to 26 years old
Families can select au pairs based on nationality, language, age, driving skills, gender and special abilities such as swimming, cooking, sports and music. Au Pair Care is committed to finding the right au pair match for your family.
An au pair is much more than a babysitter. Here are some things that differentiate Au Pair Care au pairs from other childcare options:
- Au Pair Responsibilities - In addition to childcare services, an au pair provides busy parents with a much needed, extra set of hands. An au pair's duties include childcare and light housekeeping related to childcare.
- Nannies vs. Au Pairs - An au pair is much more than a nanny. An au pair lives in your home and becomes a part of your extended family while acting as a loving caregiver for younger children and a big sister to older children. You can also learn about the value and benefits of an au pair vs. other childcare services.
- Au Pair Care offers several great au pair program options, including the popular year-long au pair program and the Infant Specialized au pair program, for families with infants (0-12 months) or are expecting. Select the childcare option that best fits your needs!
- Many Au Pair Choices - Read Au Pair Profiles of actual Au Pair Care au pairs. We recruit high-quality au pairs from more than 40 countries, offering a wide array of candidates to choose from.