Benefits of Being an Au Pair in America
Becoming an au pair in America is unlike any other experience you’ll have. It combines your love for kids with cultural exchange, travel, learning and friendship. As an AuPairCare au pair, you'll earn a weekly stipend with room and board provided, and you'll have the opportunity to travel across the United States and make new friends from around the globe.
Using what you learn on program will help further your career by improving your English skills and spending time studying at an American University or College.
With AuPairCare, you’ll enjoy many benefits during your time on program:
- Flight to and from the United States
- J-1 Visa Sponsorship
- Travel and accident insurance package for 12 months
- Au Pair Academy childcare training and introduction to America
- A private bedroom in your family's home
- Earn a weekly stipend of $215 minimum*
- 1 1/2 free days per week, plus 10 days of paid vacation during your program year
- Up to $500 USD in education money to attend college classes (you must complete 6 credits or equivalent)
- 24 hour emergency line and continuous support from your local AuPairCare Area Director
- Monthly cultural events with other au pairs in your area organized by AuPairCare
- Opportunity to extend your program for another 6, 9 or 12 months
- 30 days to travel the country at the end of your program
*AuPairCare minimum weekly stipend is $215 per week which is higher than the U.S. Department of State minimum. This stipend affects AuPairCare participants with a new match or extension that is finalized on or after January 3, 2023. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to a weekly stipend even higher than the $215 per week minimum.