- what is au pair childcare
- program costs
- why au pair care
- meet our au pairs
- getting started
- current host families
Au Pair Program Costs
Au Pair Care offers you childcare that fits your budget. At an average cost of about $350 a week for full-time live-in care, the au pair program is an affordable childcare option for families.
FREE overseas call connections to interview our au pairs
All our au pairs receive CPR and first aid training from the American Heart Association
|Cost Description||One-Year Program||Infant Specialized
One Year Program
|When it's due|
|Application Fee||$350||$350||When you apply|
Program fee balance:
|Due when you match with your au pair
Due 30 days prior to au pair's arrival
|Au Pair Stipend||$195.75/week||$195.75/week||Paid weekly to your au pair for 51 weeks|
|Total Annual Cost||$18,183||$19,133|
|Average Weekly Cost||$350||$368|
|* Fee covers Infant Specialized training program|
Application fees are waived for repeat Au Pair Care Host Families
Download our comprehensive program fee chart here.
Family Friendly Payment Plan
Want to pay your program fees over a six-month period? With Au Pair Care’s Family Friendly Payment Plan, you’ll pay one of the lowest down payments available at any au pair agency. Then pay six low monthly installments. Our program is designed to make the cost of an au pair as manageable as possible for your family.
What’s Covered by Program Fees
The program fee paid to Au Pair Care covers the following:
- Placement with a carefully screened au pair
- Hands-on au pair training in CPR and first aid at our Safety Care™ program
- International airfare from the au pair's home country to the United States
- 4 day orientation and training program at Au Pair Academy (5 days for Infant Specialized au pairs)
- Travel and accident medical insurance for duration of au pair’s program
- Program support and the services of a local Area Director
- Helpful information and resources to help make your au pair experience a success
Additional Program Fees & Costs
In addition to Au Pair Care's standard program fees, there are several variable costs related to the program which include:
- A domestic air surcharge to fly your au pair from the Au Pair Academy in New Jersey to your local airport
- $35 SEVIS Visa Processing Fee for au pairs arriving from overseas
- Up to $500 educational allowance for the au pair
- Automobile insurance for driving au pairs
- Room and board
- Arrival date change*
*Changes to finalized arrival dates before the match deadline will be subject to a $200.00 fee. Changes made after the match deadline will be subject to a $200.00 fee plus the cost of the airfare ticket change.
Au Pair Care's Program Options
Au Pair Care's standard au pair program is a year-long experience, combining dedicated au pair childcare and cultural exchange. Compare our Standard One-Year Program and our Infant Specialized Program to find the right option for your family.
In-Country Au Pairs
Au Pair Care has a limited number of au pairs who are already in the United States and available for placement. Au pair availability is limited and dependent upon factors such as the au pair's current location, childcare qualifications and date of availability. The program fee for an in-country au pair is $650 for each month remaining on the au pair's visa and is due in full prior to the au pair's arrival. Ask us about our in-country payment plan option. Families are responsible for the cost of the au pair's transportation to the new community.
Compare the Costs of an Au Pair vs. Nannies and Daycare
Review the services offered by a nanny vs. an au pair and other daycare services, and you’ll find that Au Pair Care provides the best value in childcare. We can help you find an au pair in as little as six weeks!